American Graduate Champions
Do you know someone who goes out of their way to help a kid succeed in school? Anyone who has ignited a fierce desire for success and love of learning in a young person?
Detroit Public Television (DPTV) is looking to honor “American Graduate Champions” throughout 2015 – by telling their stories on the air, through web profiles, as well as during a special event.
Who Are American Graduate Champions?
- Parents who are actively engaged in the lives of young people
- Teachers who go the extra mile to ensure their students succeed
- Students who take the time to tutor and mentor their peers and students who make a commitment to complete their education
- School leaders who are focused on creating positive learning environments
- State leaders who are a voice for what’s good for students
- Public figures who use their influence to attract and inspire more Champions
- Business leaders who encourage their colleagues to get involved
- Funders who actively invest in what works for students
- Non-profit staff and volunteers who work to support all youth everyday
What is American Graduate?
American Graduate: Let’s Make it Happen is public media’s long-term commitment to supporting community-based solutions to the dropout crisis. Supported by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), more than 80 public radio and television stations have joined forces with over 1,000 partners and at-risk schools across 30 states. For more information, visit: www.dptv.org/american-graduate
Do you know someone that deserves to be an American Graduate Champion? Please send your recommendations in today! We cannot wait to hear about and meet our next American Graduate Champion.