A Special MI Department of Education Event - February 18, 2016
Henry Cade, Porgram Consultant in the office of Field Services at the Michigan Department of Education will facilitate a panel discussion of nine African-American men and boys, with a focus on their educational experiences in Michigan.
February 18th at 12 - 2:00 ET.
Discussion will include the following questions:
- What kind of environment did your school offer?
- What do ou know now that you wish an educator told you back then?
- Do you think hip hop culture can actually engage young black men in the educational process?
- What strategies or tools could schools use today to keep young black boys engaged in school?
- Were you ever denied access to an opportunitiy because of your racial/gender identity?
- What are the most memorable postive experiences that you had while school?